Thank you very much for your interest in our Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training Programs!
Cambridge CELTA is the most widely recognized TEFL credential in the world, authorized by the University of Cambridge.
All applicants to the Cambridge CELTA course must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old. It is generally recommended that candidates should be aged 20 or over, but candidates aged between 18 and 20 can be accepted at the centre's discretion.
- Have a standard of education equivalent of that required for entry into higher education.
- Have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English that will enable them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels.
- Have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to complete the written assignments and practice teaching sessions.
As soon as we receive your application and the Pre-Interview Task, we will call or e-mail you to set up an appointment for an interview in case you are accepted for the interview. This interview may be conducted by phone. If you live outside the country where you want to take the CELTA course, you will have to pay for the international phone call.
Please complete the Pre-Interview Task very carefully. Remember that your answers will largely determine whether or not you can be accepted for the interview and onto the CELTA course. You should achieve the required score on the Language Evaluation Task in order to be accepted for the interview.
All applicants selected for interview will be interviewed by one of the teacher trainers. The aim of the interview is to inform applicants about the course, and to assess both the suitability of applicants for the course, and the suitability of the course for applicants in terms of their experience, background and career plans. This assessment will be through the completion and subsequent discussion of pre-interview and at-interview tasks. Assessment criteria reflect the demands of the CELTA course and of teaching English to adults in a language school. Successful applicants will demonstrate at interview and in pre-interview tasks:
No previous teaching experience is required.
- An appropriate awareness of the English language as it is used and its difficulties for learners.
- An ability to analyse language for teaching purposes and to express ideas clearly.
- A willingness to engage in discussion of teaching and learning approaches.
- An ability to take pressure and maintain positive rapport.
- A competence in written and spoken English that will enable them to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels.
- The potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments and the assessment of teaching practice.
We recommend to apply at least two to three months before the beginning of the course. We do not have application deadlines. However, all enrollments are subject to space availability. All applications are considered in the order they received. That's why we can confirm that we do have a place on the course only after we receive the application and the Pre-Interview Task.
How to apply?
Please find below links to the "Enrollment" pages of the Teacher Training Centers in different locations. On these pages, you will find links to the online and printable application forms and Pre-Interview Tasks and terms and conditions of enrollment.
Return to the Top