We will design your course layout, to ensure a completed body of work, and a portfolio of excellence.The Studio of Art is located just a few blocks away from our school, in the heart of Manhattan. Ashcan's students are provided with an individual
studio space, and with access to our Research facility, furnished with books and a computer station for educational research.
The curriculum is designed to complete your portfolio in a short period of time. In a 12-24 week period, 20 to 30 portfolio pieces are completed.
Learn the basic principals, techniques, and the uses of various painting media.
Learn to draw form life through observation of object and subject matter. Portrait, self-portrait, life drawing, figure studies, landscape, architectural, interior design, fashion, and more.
Develop Creative thinking that leads to the endowment of individual artistic style and creativity.
Using a wide range of media (video, photograph, newspaper, music, and dance) to create art works.
Fashion, computer, and traditional illustrations. Basic two-dimensional design principals and practice.
College Portfolio Preparation at the Ashcan Studio of Art features:
- Pre-college courses - 20 hours per week
- Individually tailored curriculum
- Design, Fine Art, Architecture, Fashion, Illustration, Sculpture, etc.
- Excellent Instuctors, each with a superb educational background
- Ashcan facilitates the entire admission and application process, including application, portfolio, essay, and interview appointment.