To determine your appropriate level for our English courses, you will take a placement test during Orientation Day. The placement test consists of a writing section, a listening section, and a short speaking section.
Below is a summary of the main topics covered in each of the six levels in our English Language classes:
- Simple vocabulary: self, house, job, family, etc.
- Present tense of verbs "to be" and "to have"
- Respond to basic greetings
- Give and receive directions to any location
- Verb tenses: simple present, present progressive, past
- Prepositions of time and place
- Describe events in the past
- Practice correct word order in questions
- Past simple regular/irregular verbs
- Verb tenses: future simple , past progressive, present perfect
- Use present and past tenses in conversation
- Give 3-minute presentation in class
- Verb tenses: past perfect, all perfect progressives
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Participate in discussions of current events
- Phrasal verbs; passive Voice
- Complex sentence structures
- Interview a native speaker of English on a variety of topics
- Give a 5-minute presentation to the class
- Summarize and discuss full-length movies
- Research paper
- Reported speech
- Conditional sentences
- Perform a communication project such as interviews, mock TV show, presentation, etc.