English for Aviation course has been developed specifically for people who work in the Aviation industry and need to comply with the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO's) language proficiency requirements. It supports standard phraseology and builds upon it to help improve plain English in the skill areas specified by ICAO: pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and interactions.
English for Aviation covers a range of subjects associated with the Aviation industry. The course is organized in the sequence of a flight, starting with an introductory unit, followed by pre-flight, ground movements, departure, cruising, en route events, contact and approach, landing, and end-of-flight ground movements.
Pilots and air traffic controllers will find the course useful for improving their plain English, but anyone working in aviation - ground staff, emergency services, or administrators, for example - who wants to improve their English ability will benefit from the English for Aviation course as well.
English for Aviation course includes the following units:
- Introduction to air communication
- Ground movement
- Departure, climbing, and cruising
- En route events
- Contact and approach
- On the ground
At the end of your course, you receive a certificate for presentation to employers. All Aviation English students also receive an individual written evaluation of their progress.
You can also combine English for Aviation with Executive General English and/or Business English. Topics covered in Executive English course include remedial work on pronunciation, accent reduction, vocabulary building and writing skills, specific to your profession.
You can also study:
- Telephone skills
- Interviewing techniques
- Conferences and meetings
- Reading and discussing business publications
- Business writing: memos, letters, reports
- Cross-cultural tips
- Social and business customs
- Simulated business situations and role-plays
English courses for Executives and Professionals according to students' specific needs are offered in small groups and one-to-one.
Requirements and Class size
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Max group class size: 4
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Level: intermediate to advanced
We offer three formats of English programs for Executives and Professionals:
- Mini-Group English Classes with 20 lessons a week in the morning and/or in the afternoon, Monday through Friday. Choose this program if you want maximum contact with international colleagues and require a more general approach to English classes.
- Combination of Mini-Group and Private One-to-One Executive English Classes. Choose this program if you want to combine contact with international colleagues with very specific input sessions relating to your particular professional field.
- Private One-to-One English Classes for Executives and Professionals with 20, 30 and 40 lessons a week. Choose this option for maximum intensity and progress, with a program designed solely to meet your objectives and needs.
Executive and Professional English Courses start every Monday.
||from 1 week
||Intermediate to Advanced
|Lessons per week
||20 mini-group lessons a week
|| Morning: from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm, Monday through Friday
Afternoon: from 12:30 pm to 16:15 pm, Monday through Friday
||maximum 4, minimum 2 executive students. If there is only one student in the group class, the number of lessons is reduced to 10 one-to-one lessons a week.
||21 years of age
|Prices and Dates
||Click here for prices and starting dates.