English for Law Enforcement course is developed to meet the communication needs of 21st century law enforcement professionals. The course is suitable for law enforcers from a range of different backgrounds, including police, gendarmes, military police, border guards, customs officers and security personnel. The course covers the whole spectrum of law enforcement activity from basic, everyday encounters with members of the public, victims and offenders to communication with international colleagues for cross-border operations. Whichever area of law enforcement you work in, our aim is to equip you with the language you need to communicate and get the job done.
English for Law Enforcement has been developed for students studying at an A-2 (high beginner) to B1 (intermediate) English level. However, due to the specialized nature of the content, the course may also be of interest even if you have a higher level of general English.
English for Law Enforcement course includes the following units:
- The world of law enforcement
- Traffic and vehicles
- Out in the community
- Emergency call
- Crimes against property
- Drugs and alcohol
- Civil disorder
- At the police station
- Crime scene investigation
- Criminal justice
- Organized crime
- International cooperation
At the end of your course, you receive a certificate for presentation to employers. All students also receive an individual written evaluation of their progress.
You can also combine English for Law Enforcement with General English and/or Business English. Topics covered in the Executive English course include remedial work on pronunciation, accent reduction, vocabulary building and writing skills, specific to your profession.
English for Law Enforcement courses are offered in small groups and one-to-one.
Requirements and Class size
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Max group class size: 4
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Level: high beginners to intermediate and advanced
We offer three formats of English programs for Professionals:
- Mini-Group Classes with 20 lessons a week in the morning and/or in the afternoon, Monday through Friday. Choose this program if you want maximum contact with international colleagues and require a more general approach to English classes.
- Combination of Mini-Group and Private One-to-One English Classes for Professionals. Choose this program if you want to combine contact with international colleagues with very specific input sessions relating to your particular professional field.
- Private One-to-One English for Law Enforcement Classes with 20, 30 and 40 lessons a week. Choose this option for maximum intensity and progress, with a program designed solely to meet your objectives and needs.
Courses start every Monday.
||from 1 week
|Minimum Level Required
|Lessons per week
||20 mini-group lessons a week
|| Morning: from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm, Monday through Friday
Afternoon: from 12:30 pm to 16:15 pm, Monday through Friday
||maximum 4, minimum 2 students. If there is only one student in the group class, the number of lessons is reduced to 10 one-to-one lessons a week.
||21 years of age
|Prices and Dates
||Click here for prices and starting dates.