IPSA and Member Schools are not liable in any cases of force majeure (according to the law) or for actions of the students and their consequences.
Postponement of Courses
Enrollees may change their start date at no extra cost if it is done more than 30 days before the program start date. A $95 change fee will be assessed for changes made between 30-15 days before the start date. A $375 fee will be assessed for changes made between 14-1 day before the program start date. No changes can be made on or after the program start date. If the request for postponement is received less than 30 days before the course begins and then the course with a new starting date is cancelled before this new starting date, the course is considered to be cancelled less than 30 days before the beginning of the course regardless the actual date when the cancellation notice has been received.
Cancellation before the beginning of the course
You must inform the office in writing. If the U.S. Consulate in your country refuses to issue you a student visa you must cancel the course and return the letter of refusal from the U.S. Embassy, the original Letter of Acceptance and I-20 to the IPSA Enrollment Center without delay. Any refunds will be made within 30 days of cancellation notification (if visa was not requested) or receiving the above mentioned documents. Cancellation fees are charged as follows, and any balance is refunded less any bank charges and non-refundable items:
- If the course is cancelled more than 30 days before the course begins: the cancellation fee is charged in the amount of the Tuition Deposit.
- If the course is cancelled 30 - 15 days before the course begins: the cancellation fee is charged in the amount of Tuition Deposit plus 20% of the Tuition fee.
- for cancellations made 14-8 days before the course begins: the cancellation fee is charged in the amount of Tuition Deposit plus 50% of the Tuition fee.
- there is no refund if cancellations made 7 days or less before the course begins.
This cancellation policy reflects the fact that we held your spot on the course, thereby denying other prospective trainees.
- For accommodations cancellations made more than 30 days before the arrival date, a full refund will be given. For accommodations cancellations made 30 days or less before the arrival date, a refund will be given minus a penalty of 25% of the cost of the accommodations.
Cancellation after the course and/or lodging has started
In no case money will be refunded once the course and/or lodging has started. No refund can be given for partial attendance or the discontinuance or interruption of a course. Deposits and fees are not transferable from person to person. Students are advised to take out cancellation insurance with their local provider in case they need to cancel before the start date or while they are on the course. We reserve the right to cancel any class.
There is no refund if a student requested an I-20 and received a student visa unless this visa has been cancelled by the American Embassy/Consulate before the beginning of the course.
The School reserves the right to terminate without notice the course and accommodation of any student who persistently misconducts him/herself in classes or in the family. Cancellation charges apply as above.
Return to the Top